College Rules & Regulations
Campus Rules and Regulations
- Adhere to the rules of the college and discharge your responsibilities as a student with diligence, fidelity and honour.
- Do not commit any act of indiscipline in the college and hostel.
- Refrain from possessing, consuming or distributing alcohol or harmful drugs or illegal narcotics or Pan Parags or chewing gums or smoking cigarettes.
- Do not possess firecrackers of any kind in the hostel and college campus.
- Maintain tranquility in the campus. Students should not destroy, damage, deface or remove the college property or disturb or injure a person under the pretext of celebrating/inducting/pledging or for any other reason like rivalry etc.
- Be polite and courteous to all.
- Attend all classes including the first day and last day of the semester. Absence without prior permission will lead to severe penalty.
- Be punctual and attend the classes regularly.
- Obtain a minimum of 60% marks in every test conducted in the class.
- Write retest (IAT or model) when held, if one is absent due to valid reasons or had not obtained 60% marks.
- Be neatly dressed and clean shaven at all times in the college premises.
- Do not violate the dress code or fail to wear identity card while in the campus. Always be in possession of identity card for verification.
- Do not smear colored powder and splash color water in the guise of festivals and functions on or during any other occasion in the hostel or college campus.
- Do not collect money from co- students for any purpose without the knowledge of college authorities.
- Do not be a part of any union or group or organisation. Any move to form unions or groups of any type unauthorised by the Management and the Principal is an offense.
- Do not convene or attend any unauthorised meeting in the campus.
- Do not scribble on the desks or the black board and walls of the college and hostel.
- Eve teasing is strictly prohibited and punishable when indulged both inside and outside the campus.
Ragging is a social menace and is strictly prohibited at the SCAD Group of Institutions, its hostels, playgrounds and other college premises. The top management of SCAD Group of Institutions and the respective colleges in association with the 'Anti-Ragging Committee' consisting of members of college governing council members, teachers and students endeavor constantly to make every campus in the SCAD Group of Institutions 'Ragging Free'.
The offense of ragging is not only punishable under the provisions Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997, but also under various provisions envisaged in several sections of Indian Penal Code, 1860. Students involved in such obnoxious practices will be liable in addition to prosecution before the criminal courts, for rustication, dismissal and expulsion from the colleges.